Thursday, September 26, 2013

"37 Week Appointment" - 36weeks 5days

Highlights

*BP was perfect. My 'normal' in office reading of 130/80. Talk about getting ones self worked up for nothing.

*Measuring perfect at 37weeks. Though baby is hanging out all on one side now. It is quite uncomfortable.

*Pelvic pressure - a good thing? Midwife said it is baby getting ready - so I guess I am supposed to be excited about feeling like there is a bowling ball between my legs LOL

*Took my blood again to see how my iron was. I was 'just' below normal range last time so I am hopeful that it is over that so we don't have to prick me anymore.

*Did GBS testing today. They have you do the GBS testing yourself - HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!?!? Should know the results next week at my appointment.

*Ketone's in my urine.... again.... It is this whole eating breakfast thing. Apparently a piece of toast was not enough this morning.... Whoops.

*I HAVE OFFICIALLY GAINED WEIGHT! It is a monumentous moment in the pregnancy when I can say I've officially put on some weight. It's been 3 weeks (?) since I've been weighed and I am up 5 pounds! I thought that was A LOT, but she didn't seem concerned at all and was excited to see me officially put on some weight LOL

My appointment was with Charlie again today. I absolutely adore her. She is so fun, full of life, and vibrant! She got her license a week (er two weeks?) ago and is officially a midwife herself!!! She is amazing and I am glad that I've gotten  a chance to meet with her a few times. I would be honored to have either, Marianne or Charlie, attend this little ones birth. Or heck, maybe I'll get lucky and get them both! Nikki is the only assistant I've met thus far and I adore her as well. She is so sweet and caring. It is just an office full of awesome woman and regardless of what happens with this little guys birth I will be bragging about them to anyone who will listen - for sure.

As for me I am feeling better. Trying my best to take this one day at a time. I need to not stress about every little thing. Keep doing what I am doing. Drink my nettle tea, my calm, walk everyday, just focus on healthy habits. That is all I can do at this point. I need to squeeze in some more mediation time on the exercise ball, I think that would be extremely beneficial to my mindset.

No comments:

Post a Comment