Thursday, April 18, 2013

Blood Pressure Update - 13wks 4dys

Well, after nearly two full weeks of taking CALM (and a missed dosage or two) my blood pressure appears to have come down a little bit. I took it while I was at Wal-Mart yesterday, after walking around for a good 15-20 minutes, and it was 136/85. It was 140/90 last time I took it at Wal-Mart, so a bit of an imporvement. Under 140/90 puts me at pre-hypertensive, instead of hypertensive. The difference? Hypertensive status means OB intervention/transfer. Pre-hypertensive means we keep working on it in a natural capacity.

From what I read it takes a full month of CALM to see a complete improvement, so I am hoping that we continue to see a downward trend. I am going to up my dosage to the full recommended 2, here in the next day or so. Once the sickies are gone I am going to start walking per the midwives recommendations as well.

Also! All the focus on my blood pressure had me forget that my iron levels have been in the normal range! Low-normal, but normal! The Nettles Leaf Tea must be working! So woohoo for that! I am trying my best to reduce my stress and anxiety surrounding this pregnancy. I just need to find a place where I am OK with whatever happens. If we do everything we can and my blood pressure is still an issue and I have to transfer - I have to make peace with that. I have too.

No comments:

Post a Comment